This is a list of the most commonly asked questions. Please call us at 800-311-6022 for any additional inquiries. You can also contact us using this form.
What is telemedicine?
- Telemedicine is providing medical care outside the typical office/hospital setting utilizing advanced technologies – essentially, the house call for the 21st Century.
- MyFace2FaceMD™ is bringing the medical house call back.
Is telemedicine a new medical field?
- No. Telemedicine has been around and functioning for nearly 40 years, however the technology was not available to bring it home to you. With the development of our technology, medical care is now provided in a more convenient, timely and cost friendly manner without sacrificing quality.
Are MyFace2FaceM™ medical consultations recorded?
- Yes. All visits are video recorded.
Scope of Treatment
What kind of conditions or illnesses can be treated by MyFace2FaceMD™?
- MyFace2FaceMD™ can treat a variety of illnesses and conditions such as:
- Aches & Pains
- Allergic reactions
- Asthma Flare (Mild)
- Bee Stings
- Bloody Nose
- Bug Bites & Stings
- Chronic disease Mgmt
- Croup (Mild)
- Dental Caries/Pain
- Erectile dysfunction
- Eye Complaints
- Itchy eyes
- Lacerations (mild)
- Medication refills
- Nasal Congestion
- Nasal Discharge
- Pink eye
- Red eyes
- Respiratory infections
- Restless leg syndrome (RLS)
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD's)
- Shortness of breath
- Sinus Infection
- Skin infections
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- Travel medications
- Urinary tract infections
- Wheezing (mild)
Can MyFace2FaceMD™ treat children as well?
- Yes, children can be seen, from ages 2 years old and up. Of course, parental/guardian presence is required up to the age of 18.
Can MyFace2FaceMD™ treat chronic medical conditions?
- Yes, stable chronic medical conditions can be treated by MyFace2FaceMD™ providers, we can refill prescriptions not excluded by our prescription policy , provide consultation for detailed management of your conditions
Does MyFace2FaceMD™ have translator services?
- There are limited translator service available; languages to be defined shortly.
Can I discuss a medical condition or diagnosis with a provider even if it is not listed in the medical conditions treated by MyFace2FaceMD™?
- MyFace2FaceMD™ can provide a medical consultation for any medical diagnosis, condition or concern you may have, even if the aliment is outside of our treatment scope.
What level of Psychiatric therapy does MyFace2FaceMD™ provide?
We can help treat controlled anxiety, depression, smoking cessation, ADHD.
- Our providers can provide a consultation if you are unsure if you are depressed or experiencing anxiety. If so, you will be referred for in-person evaluation and initiation of a medication regimen, which is best facilitated by a provider who will follow you closely clinically.
- As long as you have already established care with a provider where direct provider to provider contact can be achieved, in certain situations we can provide a temporary bridge for your medications to prevent a lapse in medication coverage. Understand that this is for medications that are not in direct violation of our prescriptions policy on controlled substances.
What prescriptions does MyFace2FaceMD™ write?
- MyFace2FaceMD™ does not guarantee a prescription will be written. One will only be written when appropriate, as determined by the provider and medical condition. MyFace2FaceMD™ providers will not write prescriptions for controlled substances regulated by the Drug Enforcement Agency. Medication prescriptions for (erectile dysfunction, obesity, hair loss) can only be written for when there is a clear pathway for collaborative medical care with the providers who have seen, evaluated and determined medication is necessary for life style adjustment medication. When this collaborative pathway falls after normal business hours, no prescription will be provided until direct provider to provider contact can be made. Other medications which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse will not be written for by MyFace2FaceMD™ providers which include, but are not limited to, antidepressant drugs such as Cymbalta, Prozac and Zoloft which can and are harmful when abused.
Can MyFace2FaceMD™ provide prescriptions for my chronic medical condition such as hypertension, diabetes (sugar), thyroid disease, gout, arthritis, back pain etc.?
- Yes. A current list of your medications and dosage schedule will make this most effective. However, please note this is only a temporary bridge to get you back to your primary care provider. Therefore, the MyFace2FaceMD™ provider will assess your current health maintenance status, vital signs and symptoms and determine if a refill is necessary.
- Chronic maintenance medications are best refilled and/or modified by the primary care provider who follows you clinically. However, we are able to work in conjunction with your primary care provider to minimize lapses in medication coverage.
Can MyFace2FaceMD™ write prescriptions for walkers, wheelchairs, nebulizer machines, oxygen, and/or other durable medical equipment, etc.?
- Currently, we are unable to write prescriptions for durable medical equipment, as the majority of these conditions require an in person evaluation. However, this is a service we look forward to providing as the barriers to telemedicine come down..
Can MyFace2FaceMD™ facilitate home health?
- Currently, we are unable to provide this service as this requires an in-person evaluation. However, this is a service we look forward to providing as the barriers to telemedicine come down.
Can MyFace2FaceMD™ give prescriptions for physical/occupational therapy?
- Yes, this is a service we can write for. We facilitate access to physical/occupational therapy which allows our patients to get better quicker.
Does MyFace2FaceMD™ provide narcotic pain medications?
- No. MyFace2FaceMD™ providers will not write prescriptions for controlled substances regulated by the Drug Enforcement Agency.